Featured Post

So Fresh and so Clean: DIY Daily Brush Cleaner!

Let's talk makeup brushes: they are a necessity for an expertly applied face, but they can be a PITA to keep clean! Cleaning your brushe...

Friday, December 23, 2016

Holiday Must-Haves 2016

Hello you lovely readers!

Are you in disbelief? Blinking your eyes to make sure you're seeing things clearly? Well, it's true, it's me, I'm back! Sorry for the hiatus, I can't even believe it's been so long since I last posted! Where does the time go? Life has a way of just racing by if you're not paying attention!

I want to get back to posting again, and sharing all of my awesome tips and product finds with you! I don't want to say I was on a no-buy this whole time, but I definitely did limit my makeup purchasing to the necessities so that I could use up the products I had and make room for new products. When you're not buying much makeup, there isn't much to talk about lol! BUT, now that I'm looking to add to my collection again, you can expect to see me around a little more :)

To kick things off (again), I want to share some of my favorites right now. Many are holiday inspired, and make great gifts for others...or yourself, if we're being honest, hehe.


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mineral Blush Duo ~ $38


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits Shimmering Skin Perfecter
 and Mineral Blush Duo in Pamplemousse / Prosecco Pop
Wow, that is a mouthful!  Looking for that perfect flush with just the right amount of shimmer to make your new year Pop? This duo is perfect! Combining a poppin' highlight shade (see what I did there?) with a beautiful mineral blush, this duo is sure to make your holiday sparkle and shine! There are four color combos, two with the highlight that started it all -the infamous Champagne Pop - and two with the newest addition to Jaclyn Hill's highlight collection - Prosecco Pop, which is a bit more gold-toned than the original. The blush shades range from Flowerchild, which is a lovely shade of pinky peach, to Hyacinth, a bright fuchsia shade. All are gorgeous, and there is at least one combo that is sure to suit your tastes.

ColourPop Ultra-Satin Liquid Lipstick in London Fog - $6.00

ColourPop UltraSatin Lippie in London Fog



Nothing screams "Happy Holidays" louder than a bright-red lip, and right now I'm all about this cool-toned pinky-red liquid lipstick from CoulourPop's Ultra-Satin Lippie Collection.  The staying power of this $6.00 lipstick is beyond impressive, and the satin formula is much more comfortable on the lips than the ultra-matte lipsticks by the same company. The one caveat - it does smudge (which the ultra-mattes do not tend to do), so just be careful if you eat / drink and wipe your mouth...you may end up with lipstick where it doesn't belong! However, I wore this a full 12 hours the other day, and only had to touch it up once! If you're not a liquid lipstick fan, then I highly recommend CoulourPop's Lippie Stix in Bossy - another festive holiday red!

MAC Eyeshadow in Humid - $6.00-$16.00

MAC Shadow Pro Palette Refill Pan  in Humid

So, we have the softly shimmering, perfectly flushed cheekbones and the vivid red lips...what are we missing to make this holiday look really come together? Why, green eyelids, of course! Now, you might be thinking: "Ok, Jessica, you had me up until this point...but GREEN SHADOW?!!? You must be drinking some pretty good wine... ", but hear me out. Humid is an amazingly beautiful, intense green shade with just the right amount of sparkle. It is gorgeous all over the lid in a one-shadow look, it pairs beautifully with golds and bronzes, and it is just what you're looking for in a pop of color either winged out on the top lashline, or smudged under the lower lashline. Seriously, so versatile, festive and unexpected!

If you're still a feeling a bit reluctant, there are some more subdued options for you to add a bit of green during the holidays: MAC Greensmoke is a stunning silvery olive shade, and MAC Sumptuous Olive is for those who like a more golden sheen - legit,the perfect khaki color. Now that MAC shadow refill pans are just $6.00 each, you can try out all three of these green shadows without breaking the bank (they also offer individual shadow compact for $16)!


Urban Decay Primer Potion - $8 - $20

Urban Decay Primer Potion, Original formula


Tired of creasing shadow that doesn't last the night? You need a quality eyeshadow primer in your life! I've tried many, and the one I've turned to time and time again is the iconic Urban Decay Primer Potion! Apply this sparingly to your lids, and your shadow will lock in place and stay there the whole night through!


Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate - $55

Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate
You want to talk about full-coverage, long lasting foundation? Marc Jacob's Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate is IT! This magic fluid packs a powerful punch, with the tiniest amount going a very long way! I'm not joking, this stuff covers! The first time I used it was out of one of those little sample lacons from Sephora, and I didn't listen to the advice I had been given to use this sparingly. I learned quickly that less is more, and to thickly slather this on is a big no-no - you will look like you're wearing  a mask!
For the best results, shake it very well, and apply in small dots (start with one small dot on each quadrant of your face and blend out - you can add more if needed, but you cannot take away!); if you follow those steps, you will be thrilled with the coverage, look and feel of this foundation. Just be aware that it can cling to dry patches, so make sure you moisturize well, and use a primer. Not only does it cover all imperfections, but it feels light as a feather (if you use it correctly), and it lasts a ridiculously long time; you actually need to be diligent about removing it at the end of the day, it stays on so well that you need to work a little harder to get it all off!


Urban decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - $31


Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray


The final step in any look, especially one you want to last, should be a setting spray. This locks your makeup in place, creates a seamless, more natural look, and absorbs excess oil. My favorite right now is All Nighter, which helps prolong your makeup, preventing fading and settling, but they also have DeSlick, which controls oil and deflects shine for a matte look (another fave of mine), and Chill, which is cools and hydrates. Whichever you choose, all will set your makeup in place and help it last.
While this is currently sold out on the UD website (they are revamping their packaging, and will restock in the new year), you can still pick up a bottle at Sephora.
Another great option for those with drier skin, or who prefer a more dewy look, is MAC Prep + Prime Fix + . I use this to set my makeup when my skin is feeling parched from the cold weather and drying heat, or as a makeup refresher throughout the day. I also use this to wet my beauty blender when I'm not near a sink  too lazy to get up and go to a sink,  and also to apply eyeshadow or pigments, which gives eyes that foiled effect and really makes the eyeshadow pop (just spritz your brush after you pick up a little shadow or pigment, and gently pat it on to the lid - instant intensity!)

There's a reason Urban decay is on my list twice - their primers and setting sprays just don't quit! I have and will continue to repurchase both items time and time again. Also, their rewards program is pretty sweet...Sign up for UD Beauty Junkies (the Urban Decay Rewards Program), and earn points towards "kickbacks", or discounts on purchases!*

So, there are my top beauty products to get me through the festivities of  the holiday season! I hope you are inspired by my picks; please inspire me as well by sharing your must-have products in the comments below!

Thanks so much for visiting with me - it's so nice to be back with you!

Live a beautiful life,

~Jessica


*Referral link


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. priyanshi99padhan@gmail.comJuly 29, 2020 at 3:46 AM

    This is such a nice post . you can also visit our blog too.

    Blogs for Women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other http://microniche.world/the-5-best-ppc-companies-of-2020/ Best PPC companies of 2020 -
    blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much - your comments are always appreciated!
~Jessica