Featured Post

So Fresh and so Clean: DIY Daily Brush Cleaner!

Let's talk makeup brushes: they are a necessity for an expertly applied face, but they can be a PITA to keep clean! Cleaning your brushe...

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Whole Palette Challenge: Too Faced Chocolate Bar

Hi Lovelies!

One of the main reasons I started this blog was so my friend Melissa and I could create makeup challenges...now, 4 months later, we are finally taking on our first challenge! We are calling this The Whole Palette Challenge, and the rules are quite simple: You have 7 days to create looks using all of the eye shadows in the chosen palette. Depending on the size of the palette, you must create between 5 and 7 looks, and you must use every shade in the palette at least once. You can use the same shade in multiple looks (some palettes only have one transition or matte highlight shade), and you can even bring in outside colors if need be (some palettes have no matte black or dark brown).

The goal of this challenge is to push you out of your comfort zone, and to allow your creativity to flow. Sometimes I find myself in a shadow funk - reaching for the same colors over and over again. This challenge will really force us to think outside the box and try looks and combinations that we tend to shy away from on a daily basis.

For the first challenge, Melissa and I chose the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette ($49), as it has some great neutrals, fun pops of color, and it smells delicious! Since the palette has 16 shadows, we have challenged ourselves to come up with 7 looks using all the shades. I'm going to number the non-duplicate shades as I mention them, and in the end I hope to will have used all 16 shadows.
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (source)
Look 1: On the first day of the challenge, I went to cut down my Christmas Tree, so I decided on a very natural, no-makeup look. I applied White Chocolate (1) all over my lid from lash line to brow. I then swept Milk Chocolate (2) onto my lid, and deepened the crease ever so slightly with Semi Sweet (3). I also dabbed a little bit of Champagne Truffle (4) on my inner corners to brighten things up.  I skipped the liner (I've been on a no liner kick recently), and topped everything off with two coats of mascara.






Look 2:  After applying primer, I swept White Chocolate all over my lid. I then used Salted Caramel (5) as my transition color, sweeping it into my crease and blending it out. I used Gilded Gold (6) on my lid and blended it up into Salted Caramel. Lastly, I used Champagne Truffle on my inner corners and directly under my brow. I lined my eyes (lash line and water line) with a dark brown liner, and finished up with two coats of mascara.






Look 3:  I started things off in my typical fashion: primed my lids and then applied White Chocolate as a base from lash line to brow. Next I pressed Hazelnut  (7) onto my lid, and buffed Milk Chocolate into my crease. I added a little bit of Creme Brulee (8) onto the inner 1/3 of my lid, and dabbed Champagne Truffle on my inner corners. I lightly lined the upper lash line with a brownish black liner, and lined my lower water line with a shimmery beige pencil. Two coats of mascara completed the look.


Please excuse the mascara smudge - I didn't notice it until after I took the pictures. 




Look 4:  I love this look! I began as usual, with primer and a layer of White Chocolate. I then pressed Candied Violet (9) onto my lid (next time I do this, I am going to try applying it wet). I brushed Cherry Cordial (10) into my crease and blended it up, and also added a little to my outer v to deepen the look. I lightly swept Salted Caramel right on top of Cherry Cordial to warm up the look and create a slight gradient effect, and added  White Chocolate as an inner corner highlight. I lined my upper lid with liquid liner, smudged Milk Chocolate on my lower lash line and added two coats of mascara. 






Look 5: This was quick look I pulled together using 2 shadows. I started out the same as always, and then swept Amaretto (11) across my lid and buffed it up into the crease until it faded out into the White Chocolate. I then added Champagne Truffle to my inner corners, lightly lined my eyes with a dark brown liner and applied two coats of mascara. Amaretto is a great color for the one shadow look, which is nice on days when you are running late and don't want to spend a ton of time on your eye makeup.






Look 6: I primed my lids and applied White Chocolate, per usual, then I brushed Marzipan (12) onto the inner 1/2 of my lid, and Black Forest (13) onto the outer 1/2 and into the outer crease. I then swept Strawberry Bon Bon (14) right above Black Forest, lined my upper lid with liquid liner and smudged Marzipan on my lower lash line. Two coats of mascara sealed the deal.





Look 7: For my final look, I did my prep steps (primer and White Chocolate), applied Haute Chocolate (15) to my lid, and Triple Fudge (16) to the outer v and into the crease. I highlighted with Champagne Truffle (inner corner and brow), lined my eyes (upper and lower lash lines) with a dark brown liner and finished things off with two coats of mascara.







And there you have it! I hope you have been inspired by the looks created, and if you choose to take part in the challenge yourself I hereby tag you! Please just link back so I can check out the looks you come up with :)

Make sure you check out Melissa's YouTube Channel  - MakeupMinnie83 - to see the looks she creates using the Chocolate Bar Palette in our first The Whole Palette Challenge!

Thanks for reading - live a beautiful life!


~Jessica






7 comments:

  1. Loved the looks you came up with - you used colors differently, and it has given me some more inspiration to use different shades!! Loved doing this challenge - can't wait for the next one!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun challenge, and and I love the looks you came up with!

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this palette! I liked the color combo looks you came up with. They all looked very good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chocolate bar ! I cant wait to try the smei-sweer chcolate bar :) I love the looks you chose to do with the palette!

    Www.blogobsessedxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelby! It's one of my favorite palettes - I love how you can keep it natural, or go all-out glam with it!

      Delete
  5. wowo this is such an awesome challenge!!!! You created some awesome looks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giselle! It was so much fun to do this challenge - I can't wait to take on another one soon!

      Delete

Thank you so much - your comments are always appreciated!
~Jessica