Featured Post

So Fresh and so Clean: DIY Daily Brush Cleaner!

Let's talk makeup brushes: they are a necessity for an expertly applied face, but they can be a PITA to keep clean! Cleaning your brushe...

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Three Things Thursday 4-02-15

Hello Lovelies, welcome to Three Things Thursday! This is a new feature that I'm trying out,  where I give you a little scoop on three things I'm loving each week! Let me know what you think about it :)

The three things I'm loving most this week are:


Benefit Fake Up Concealer

Source
 I received a sample of this from my sister, and then another in one of my subscription boxes, and I can't stop using it! Fake Up is touted as an "ultra-hydrating crease-control concealer" infused with  vitamin E and apple seed extract. It claims to cover dark circles and diffuse fine lines for a "silky smooth, ultranatural look...that won’t cake, crease, or settle". This concealer comes in three shades, light, medium and deep, and I use light. I love this concealer because it actually lives up to most of its claims: it's super hydrating, it covers up dark circles (disclaimer: mine dark circles are not that bad, so I cannot say how it will work on more noticeable dark circles), and it does not settle into the fine lines under my eyes. However, I do have to go super light on the setting powder when I use it, because it does look a bit cakey when powder is applied too heavily on top. Some days I even skip setting it because IMO it doesn't really need to be set. It has a slightly dewey finish, but that is fine by me since that finish is what seems to diffuse the fine lines. Even though I have oily skin, my undereyes tend to become a bit dry, so this concealer really helps to eliminate that. I swipe a little bit under each eye, tap it in with my finger or a Beauty blender, and I am good for the day! Surprisingly, the tiny samples I have are lasting me quite a while, but this is an item I will definitely be purchasing a full size of!


Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder


Source
This powder had quickly become my go-to powder for setting my foundation. It is so finely milled and lightweight, and it makes any foundation I wear look flawless. It comes in eight shades, from translucent to toffee, so there is a moderately good color range (I use translucent, as it works whether I am pale-as-a-ghost or I have a summer glow). While the website says this powder offers up to 12 hours of wear time, I realistically get 4-6...which isn't bad for me! I notice some oil breakthrough in my t-zone first, and then the rest of my face catches up within another couple of hours. I typically apply the powder with a large, fluffy brush, tapping it onto my skin vs. sweeping it. Recently, I've experimented with stippling it on with a damp Beauty blender, and that gives me such a beautiful finish that it may become my main technique! Both methods seem to last an equal amount of time. This has replaced several other setting powders I was using, and I will continue to reach for it until something even better comes on the market.



Sweet Nothing Nail Wraps
Mad Mod accent nail
Natural Leopard accent nail
Black & White Stripe accent nail

While I love the look of a well-manicured nail, I don't always have the time (or money) to dedicate to keeping my nails looking pretty. I would go through phases where I'd polish my nails for a couple of weeks straight, and then I'd go bare-nailed for a few months before polishing them again. I get very frustrated with nail polish; I take such care when applying the polish, I wait for what seems like an exorbitant amount of time for them to dry...then the next thing I know they are smeared and smudged, and it was all for nothing. Even on the rare occasion that the polish  fully dries with a smooth finish, it is only a matter of days (or even hours!) before the chips start ruining my beautiful manicure. The anguish! I was at the point where I decided to never paint my nails again...and then I discovered Jamberry. They are these nifty little stickers for you nails that are heat activated and last for days. DAAYYYS!! I have a full review of the product in the works, so I won't get into too much detail, but I will say they are (fairly) easy to apply, they last forever  for quite a while, and the variety of patterns and colors is impressive. I have finally found a way to make my fingers look polished - without the polish- and I am a happy girl!

That brings us to the end of this week's Three Things Thursday. Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned? What are your three favorite things this week?

Thanks so much for visiting - live a beautiful life!

~Jessica



3 comments:

  1. Stopping in from BBU. I have been toying around with purchasing the Fit Me foundation. I already have a powder foundation I love but I want to try the liquid version. Your post is making me reconsider trying the powder. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The powder is really great, but my thoughts on the foundation are a little different (i'll be doing a review soon if you want to know what I think). Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
    2. Great review! I've tried the Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation and love it. your review makes me want to try the powder next :)

      Delete

Thank you so much - your comments are always appreciated!
~Jessica