Featured Post

So Fresh and so Clean: DIY Daily Brush Cleaner!

Let's talk makeup brushes: they are a necessity for an expertly applied face, but they can be a PITA to keep clean! Cleaning your brushe...

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Lash Love with Esqido

Hello lovely readers - how are you?  It's been a whirlwind of changes for me over the last 5 months, and I do apologize for the absence, but... We recently welcomed a little adventurer to our family, so my time has been occupied by this wonderful new addition! However, when I was given an opportunity that I could not pass up, I thought "this would be a great time to get back into blogging"! 

Esqido reached out to me, and offered me the chance to try out a pair of their lashes, as well as their lash glue*. I own a pair of Esqido Mink Lashes lashes that I purchased while at IMATS in NY, but at the time I was into the whole "go big or go home" makeup life, so the lashes I chose were pretty ridiculous extravagant (they didn't earn the name Lashmopolitan for being "natural"!).


The flamboyant Lashmopolitan lash, $29

 As much as I thought I'd wear them when I went out, I only rocked them once or twice because they are just so voluptuous, and frankly, over-the-top for regular use! So, when Esqido told me I could pick any pair I liked, I decided to play it a little more low-key, and chose the Starlet lash   - a little less dramatic than the Lashmopolitan, but with a bit of a pop to emphasize my eyes. The Starlet is a medium volume mink lash with a length of 4-10 mm (they start off smaller on the inside, and increase in length on the outer edges). 
The sexy yet demure Starlet lash, $29


Per the website:


"Get that glamorous starlet makeup look with this pair of clustered and wispy mink lashes. Short yet voluminous, this lash is designed to provide enough volume at a shorter length to accentuate your eyes without looking too long. Suitable even for smaller eyes. The ends are also winged out to give a beautiful lifted effect to your eyes.

The ultimate in luxury, our mink lashes meticulously handcrafted with premium mink hairs, and a soft cotton band. Discover our collection of beautiful styles you can wear again and again, suitable for any occasion."



In addition to the lashes, I was sent a tube of the Companion Eyelash Glue:

Companion Eyelash Glue, $10 for .18 oz


"Our best selling Companion Eyelash Glue is the only eye lash glue that offers an extremely strong & sticky hold, with a safe, long lasting formulation. You’ll never have to worry about your false lashes falling out. It also gets incredibly tacky in seconds, for quick lash application. Specially formulated for sensitive eyes and all types of false eyelashes, our lash adhesive is latex-free, hypoallergenic, and formaldehyde free, paraben free, and 5-free. It’s also waterproof. Great for those who experience watery eyes or are irritated/allergic to other glues. Goes on white, dries clear.With a precision brush tip, it’s super easy to simply brush on the perfect amount to your fake lashes. Compared to drugstore eyelash glue, the Companion glue is non-latex, and packs a good amount of product in a beautiful bottle. When you’re ready, it’s easy to remove with oil free makeup remover." 

When I received the package in the mail, I was so stinking excited to try them out! The packaging is so nice - the lashes came in their own little reusable bag! Unfortunately, for me, #momlife does not often give me the opportunity to wear falsies, so I had to wait for the chance. But, as luck would have it, my SIL was getting married and I was a bridesmaid getting all dolled up for the wedding - what better time to try out my new lashes?!?


With the Lashmopolitans, I had to trim off some of the outer edge so they would fit my eye, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to do so with the Starlet lashes, but I did. The lashes, though shorter and "suitable for smaller eyes", were still fairly long band-wise. I typically don't have this problem with falsies - I am pretty much able to wear them straight out of the package, so I found the need to trim them slightly annoying. However, I do understand that people have different shaped eyes, so while they may have been to long for me, they are probably the perfect length for someone else, and might even be too short for others. I did have to take a few extra minutes to fit them to my eye, but it was an easy fix - I used some tiny scissors to take off a few segments off the outside edge - and they then fit my eye perfectly. 










These lashes are definitely high-quality, the band is cottony vs the plastic band that comes on less expensive brands, but that makes them slightly harder to work with, in my very humble opinion. Practice makes perfect though, so the more you wear lashes, the easier they are to apply. The lashes themselves, being made of mink, are very soft, and blend in seamlessly with your natural lashes. 

The Companion Eyelash Glue is downright luxurious when it comes to lash glue. The packaging is so pretty - a clear frosted tube with gold accents, and the formula is just as fabulous! I am a big fan of brush-on glue - I just find it so much easier to apply the perfect amount to the lash band. The glue goes on white, with almost a pearly finish, but it dries completely clear. It did take a little longer than I expected to get tacky, but that allowed me a little flexibility to make sure the lashes were perfectly positioned on my eye. As described, the hold is VERY strong; once applied, these lashes did not budge, and I needed a jackhammer firm hand to remove them. Additionally, there was no irritation from the glue as there can be with other glues, my eyes did not water when they came in contact with the formula, and there was no lingering redness once the lashes and glue were removed.

 The website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, and offers a large selection of lash styles to choose from, both real mink and Unisyn -  their premium synthetic lashes.  If you're new to lashes, or are not quite sure which direction to take as far as style, they offer an interactive lash guide to help you find your perfect pair. There is a blog that offers loads of useful information (though I do think their post for stay-at-home-moms is a little far-fetched...I wish I had the luxury of applying lashes before running out to the grocery store!), as well as a reward program with some pretty fabulous rewards. 




Overall, I am really happy with the Esqido Mink Lashes and the Companion Eyelash Glue. I think for the quality of the product and the longevity of the lashes when properly handled, the price is fair. Sure, you can get lashes for much less - some for even $1-2 a pop - but you will immediately see the difference in craftsmanship and performance. Whether you are a beginner, or a true lash aficionado, you will undoubtedly feel elegant, sexy, and more than a little pampered while wearing Esqido lashes.

Do you have any experience with falsies?  What are your favorite lashes? Any tips for easier application? Please, share in the comments below!

Thanks so much for spending some time with me today! Hope to see you again soon!

Live a beautiful life,

~Jessica


*This product was gifted to me in exchange for my unbiased review. I have no affiliation with Esquido, nor do I receive compensation for any purchases made from my review / links in my blog. 


7 comments:

  1. Great review! Don't know what we were thinking with our initial thought when we bought those lashes as IMATS so many moons ago! But now you have me thinking I should try a more subdued pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me some more information. I noticed you have an Instagram account, you can buy slow adding instagram followers or buy targeted views for your channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already looking forward to your next post !! You have great photos, you can get drip feed instagram followers or buy targeted YouTube subscribers for your YouTube channel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post.I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    Get infinite bond with our latex free eyelash glue product! The adhesive that is not only made for the lash artists but for the clients as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can buy YouTube views here ! You can also buy buy instagram likes at wholesale price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZinBeauty The Best in Beauty - Beauty Tips, Fashion Trends, Makeup Tutorials, Skincare ZinBeauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much - your comments are always appreciated!
~Jessica