Featured Post

So Fresh and so Clean: DIY Daily Brush Cleaner!

Let's talk makeup brushes: they are a necessity for an expertly applied face, but they can be a PITA to keep clean! Cleaning your brushe...

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Infatuated: Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner


Hi Lovelies -

I have always been one to constantly switch up my shampoo and conditioner routine. I get bored with products very easily, and like to buy new products before I use up the old ones... which is why you can typically find 5-6 different shampoos/conditioners in my shower at any given time.

I had been hearing a lot about cleansing conditioners, and I even tried out a few, but I just never liked them much - many left my hair feeling greasy and unclean. Then I discovered Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner, and my life has forever changed!


Source
I have heard amazing claims about this cleansing conditioner, and I really wanted to see for myself if it was worth the hype. The only problem was that $33 for an 8 ounce bottle of glorified shampoo is a pretty penny to pay to just try something. Lucky for me, Birchbox carries a 3 ounce travel size bottle for $15; after using $10 in Birchbox points, and having Aces free shipping, I  was able to try the product out for a total of $5! Let me tell you, it has been one of the best $5 I have ever spent!

According to the Macadamia Hair website, Flawless Cleansing Conditioner is "a revolutionary product that cleanses and conditions, provides style control and reduces blow dry time ALL in one product. Flawless recreates the perfect salon blow dry at home."

Not only is this product meant to cleanse and condition in one easy step, but it also claims to cut blow dry time, provide style control and be surfactant-free and paraben-free!

The first time I used this cleansing conditioner, I was not quite sure what to do with it. It comes in a bottle similar to a shaving cream can, with a dispenser that you press down on to release a mousse-like substance. You are supposed to apply the product to wet hair, starting at the crown of your head and running it through to the ends. You then rinse the product out, and voila - salon perfect tresses!

It takes a little trial and error to figure out just how much product you need for your hair type and length, but once you get it down it is just so easy! I use a quarter-sized dollop on my hair, which is a medium thickness and is a few inches past my shoulders in length. The cleansing conditioner is so creamy and smooth, and has an almost whipped texture, not unlike cake frosting. Just so there is no surprise in case you decide to try this product for yourself, I would like to warn you that this is nothing like your typical shampoo. It does not foam up or get sudsy in any way; if you are the type of person who needs a head full of froth in order to feel clean, this is definitely not the product for you. It is strange at first, but once you get used to it you won't even miss the bubbles!

The way I like to use it is to apply it to my wet hair at the beginning of my shower, massage my scalp a little (so stress-relieving, even if you are doing it on yourself), comb it through and clip it back, and then rinse the product out at the end of the shower. I feel like this gives the conditioner time to penetrate my hair shaft and allows my hair to get the most out of the product. After my shower, I blow dry my hair and I am left with soft, silky locks that feel nice and clean (not greasy), and look - dare I say - flawless.

I must admit that I was skeptical about the claim that Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner cuts blow-dry time, but I am very happy to tell you that it is true! My hair has a tendency to hold on to water, and usually takes forever to blow dry (25 + minutes on average), but after using this product, I can get my hair dry in less than 10 minutes! It is amazing, really and truly, I pledge the lives of my future children er, I kid you not!

There is only one thing I would change about this product, and that is the scent. It does not have a bad scent... in fact, it doesn't have much of a scent at all (maybe just a light, nutty scent?). Many people would not be bothered by that, or might even prefer such a light scent; however, for someone like me who is very scent focused, it is just a little disappointing. To remedy this colossal tiny little issue and give my hair the lasting scent that I crave, I simply use heat protectants and hairsprays that smell amazing, and the scent from those products lingers on the hair throughout the day, making me a happy camper. If you do not like strong smelling hair products, this will be right up your alley, no additions needed.

Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner  is pretty spendy, but for me it is so worth the cost! Not only is it an all-in-one product (a cleanser and conditioner - no need for two products), but I am just so pleased with the way my hair looks and feels when I use this that it has become my go-to hair cleanser! At this point, you may be wondering: "Why Jessica, wherever can we purchase such a seemingly amazing product for ourselves?". As much as I would like to keep it all for myself, I'll not be selfish; here's the scoop:   Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner can be purchased many a place, from Ulta to Amazon. It has also been featured on Hautelook,  where I was able to snag the 8 ounce bottle for $15 - that's more than 50% off!

Now that you know more about Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner, are you thinking of trying it for yourself? If you have already used it, what are your thoughts?

Thank you for spending some time with me today. Until next time, live a beautiful life!

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much - your comments are always appreciated!
~Jessica