Featured Post

So Fresh and so Clean: DIY Daily Brush Cleaner!

Let's talk makeup brushes: they are a necessity for an expertly applied face, but they can be a PITA to keep clean! Cleaning your brushe...

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Three Things Thursday: 9-10-15

Hi there lovely readers,welcome to another edition of Three Things Thursday! If you're like me, then you are sad to see the summer slipping by...however, while the season may be drawing to a close, the summer weather is still here, so read on to find out what helps me keep that summertime feeling alive:

Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Naked
Urban Decay Bronzer
Naked Flushed in Naked

This trio just screams healthy, glowy skin, like you were kissed by the summer sun! Urban Decay did a marvelous job of combining a bronzer, blush and highlight that work in harmony, whether worn individually or swirled together to create a radiant glow. The powders are so soft an silky they apply like a dream, the pigmentation is brilliant, and the "flush" lasts throughout the day. There are 4 different color combinations to choose from, from light pink (Native) to peachy coral (Streak), so there is something for everyone. I always get excited to grab for this palette, because I get the most fantastic fresh-faced results whenever I use it -definitely a must-have in my book!



It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+


SPF CC cream
It Cosmetics Your Skin But better CC Cream SPF 50+
This has been a go-to for me during the summer when I am doing a quick, casual look, or I need SPF and want a little more coverage than my sunscreen provides, but I don't want to go with a heavy foundation. I love this CC cream because it is buildable, so you can adjust the level of coverage you get by layering it. It feels so good on the skin, and has so many great ingredients, like Hyaluronic Acid and Hydrolyzed Collagen, to hydrate the skin and help combat signs of aging. I also like that I can easily apply this with my fingers when I'm short on time, but a brush or beauty blender work great as well. My only complaints are that the shade selection is limited, with just 5 colors to choose from (for reference purposes, I use Light), and that they do not have a mattyfying formula for oily skinned people. They do, however, have an illuminating formula, so maybe mattyfying might be next... for now I will combat the oil with a setting powder.


Sigma Eye Shadow Base in Persuade -
Eye Primer
Sigma Eye Shadow Base in Persuade

 This is very similar to the popular MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, but costs $9 less! Persuade is a matte nude shade great for those with light, cool-toned skin, but if you are looking for something different, Sigma has a decent shade variety (some are even on sale right now for $9.00!), so you are sure to find a color to suit your needs. This works wonders as an eye primer, as it creates a blank canvas by smoothing out the eyelid, masking discoloration, and providing grip for shadows to cling to. It is paraben-free, water-resistent and helps to reduce surface oil on the lid. I like to apply this with a flat brush, like the Sigma E58 Cream Color brush, and then tap to blend it all over my lid prior to applying powder shadows. If you decide to give this product a try, my one bit of advice would be to use sparingly - if you apply too much, it will crease.

That wraps-up Three Things Thursday. What are you using to keep summer everlasting?

Thanks for stopping by - live a beautiful life!

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much - your comments are always appreciated!
~Jessica